I have learned this technology yet. I think this tool is one of the best tool that teacher can use in classroom.Firstly, I want to tell what is popplet and then how can we use it in classroom as a educational tool
What is popplet?
you can think popplet as canvas that you can do on it what do you want. you can create projects or your ıdeas with visual images.Also , popplet can be used when you want to connect ıdeas or you make plan and also you can create maps .Besides ,images, videos and content from Flickr, YouTube and Google maps can be added.if you want ,you can share it others ,so it will help to increase colloboration and productivity.if you want to use it ,you should have internet connectivity and e-mail account
Features of popplet
-Easy + Free (PCs)
– Zooming work space.
-Integrate text, upload image from your PC.
– Add youtube links, flicker pictures, google maps, and amazon pictures.
– Share it using social media like twitter, facebook or embed it to a blog.
– PC +iPad
-Allow access to multiple users by email.
– Bookmarklet that let you clip images and text from other websites and post them to your popplet boards.
– Multi language support.
– Export it as a JPG or PDF file.
– Comments on boxes or bubbles.
Using of popplet in classroom
when the properties of popplet is thougt ,it can be used in differently.This means is that students can create concept map and make brainstorm or they can make plan.For examle, you can use it for literature activities, research projects, social studies, or science topics.Also , popplet provide student colloborate online and they can share their ıdeas.İn addition especially visuality is important foe students to understand topics and rebember them easily ,so they can be successful by using these concept maps and visuality
Also in one web site using of popplet is told so I want share it
– Presenting historical events: use the timeline option with the lines and multi-media to create a historical model for an event.
– Learning a new language
: Mind map is a great way to learn a language
because it utilizes both sides of the brain effectively with the ” pictures+ words + lines” features.
– A brainstorming “Creative thinking” tool : you can use it to trigger creative thinking in a workspace that can be expanded , recording class notes , or the generated ideas in a brainstorming session.
– Project Based Learning : popplet can be used for group work, with the add user option, multiple space for many users, and the ability to add elements like pictures, text and videos will be an effective platform for project based learning.
– Beyond the classroom walls / Parents / Global: Students can share their work with parents or other students from another country in real-time.
– Storytelling: Timelines will mutlimedia can be used to tell a story.
– Summarizing : Students can summarize ideas from a book or an essay they read in the classroom, teachers can also present the main ideas of a lesson.
– Organizing: Mind map is also a great way to organize thoughts from a brain stroming session.
– A student e-portfolio.
– ScrapBook/ School or class photo albums /Posters : popplet final projects can be exported as JPG or PDF files and you can also print it.
– Introducing/ presenting new topics.
– Producing documentaries
like this example.
– Differentiation / Visual learners.
– Planning for a unit / essay.
– Feedback : using the comment option for commenting on generated ideas/ boxes.
– Homework and assignment : Print it, or use it online and fill in the blank.
if you want you can watch video how popplet is used